GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
1 - CONDITIONS OF USING THE WEBSITE
2 - FEATURES OFFERED BY THE SITE
3 - CONDUCT ON THE WEBSITE
4 - PUBLICATION OF CONDUCT
5 - EXTERNAL LINKS
6 - INTELECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
7 - LIABILITY
8 - MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
9 - CONTACT
These terms and conditions of use apply to the www.decathlon.ie website (the “Website”). Their purpose is to define the terms and conditions of access and use of the Website by a User (“You”). The term “Use” means all operations carried out by the User after accessing the Website, including simple browsing, regardless of the means of access (e.g. computer, tablet or smartphone), the type of connection (private connection, third-party connection or public wi-fi) and the place of connection.
The Website belongs to Decathlon Sports Ireland Ltd (“We” or “Us”), a Irish limited company whose registered office is at 51 Bracken Road, Sandyford D18 CV 48 Dublin. We belong to the “Decathlon Group”. This term refers to Decathlon SA and all companies in which it has, directly or indirectly, a shareholding or voting rights of at least 10% (“Decathlon Subsidiaries” or “Decathlon Group Companies”).
Any connection to the Website requires You to comply with and unreservedly accept these terms and conditions.
If You use the Website, You acknowledge that You are also agreeing to the following conditions:
- Our General Terms and Conditions of Sale which govern all purchases of products on the Website, available at https://www.decathlon.ie/terms-and-conditions-of-sale ;
- Our Data Protection and Cookies Policy which applies to all information submitted to Us via the Website and which may be collected during that operation under prevailing laws, which may be accessed on the following internet page; https://www.decathlon.ie/personal-data-and-cookies ;
All these terms and conditions may be accessed via the Website at any time. You may also print them. They may be amended but the applicable conditions are those in force on the Website on the date on which You use the Website.
1 - CONDITIONS OF USING THE WEBSITE
In order to use this Website, You must be of full age or have received parental permission. We encourage all persons with responsibility over a minor to monitor use of the Website by the minor. You must also be a private individual and must use the Website with normal frequency. That means that You may not use the Website for professional purposes or as part of a secondary professional activity.
You are responsible for ensuring that your equipment (computer, laptop, netbook, tablet or other mobile device) is compatible with, and meets all specific requirements enabling You to access, the Website.
Access to the services offered by the Website may be subject to the creation of an account, requiring You to provide personal information, in compliance with the Data Protection Act. If You wish to access the Website, You agree to provide accurate, complete and reliable information that enables Us to comply with all our obligations. You unreservedly accept that your identification constitutes proof of your identity.
If You choose or receive connection credentials (such as a user name, password or other credentials) as part of our security procedures, You must keep that information confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all action taken using your connection credentials. You must immediately notify Us of any unauthorised use or any security breach of which You become aware.
We reserve the right not to confirm, to suspend or to delete any connection credentials and/or prohibit use and/or access to the Website, at any time, if We consider that You have not complied with these terms and conditions of using the Website or if the information that You have given us in order to be registered as a User is false. We remind You that You may be subject to legal action if You assume the identity of another person. Any such modification or deletion may be carried out with immediate effect, without prior notice or warning, at any time and at our sole discretion.
We are unable to guarantee that access to the Website will be continuous, uninterrupted or error-free. There may be times (whether scheduled or not) at which certain features, parts or content of the Website are unavailable or are modified, suspended or withdrawn by Us, at our sole discretion, without notifying You. You agree that We shall not be liable to You or any third party as a result of the unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the Website, or of any feature, part or content on the Website.
2 - FEATURES OFFERED BY THE WEBSITE
You may only use the website for non-commercial purposes and in accordance with the stated terms and conditions. You may access and display the Website’s contents on a computer screen, and print and copy individual pages. Additional terms and conditions may apply to certain features of, parts of, or content on, the Website. Where applicable, they will be displayed on the screen or will be accessible via a link.
The Website allows You to:
- find items and services offered by the Decathlon Group;
- make online purchases in accordance with the Website’s general terms and conditions of sale and prevailing laws;
- publish opinions on items sold by the Decathlon Group;
- publish photos and/or videos related to items sold by the Decathlon Group;
- take part in the various games and competitions offered by the Website.
- To ask questions on the items sold by Decathlon Group to the community of users of Decathlon Group
- If You join our customer loyalty program and accept to be contacted by Us in order to help or advise potential customers, You may also participate to Q&A function of the Website. In this case, the Website allows You to answer the questions of users or/and customers as long as they concern a product You have purchased from more than a month and less than a year.
The list of features is provided for information purposes only. The Website reserves the right to add to or remove certain features, either temporarily or permanently, without being required to obtain your prior agreement.
3 - CONDUCT ON THE WEBSITE
You must use the website and everything available on the website solely for legal purposes and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, in a responsible manner and without damaging our name or reputation or that of our affiliates. In particular, You agree not to:
- extract, save or use any Content belonging to third parties and subject to intellectual property rights, or rights pertaining to privacy or containing personal data or giving rise to image rights;
- “harvest” or store the website’s contents on a server or another storage device connected to a network or create an electronic database by systematically downloading and storing the website’s contents;
- delete or modify any content of the Website or attempt to circumvent the security, or interfere with the functioning, of the website or the servers on which it is hosted;
- create links to the website from any other website without our prior written consent, although You may refer to Us on a website that You publish provided that the link is not misleading and You accurately state its destination and the fact that We have not approved the link, your website or the products or services that You offer, and that You do not replicate our Website’s home page and that the linked website does not contain any illegal, threatening, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, indecent or offensive content or content that may infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
- store, distribute or publish any content that is illegal, harmful, insulting, racist, revisionist, immoral, that incites hatred or that may constitute an invasion of privacy or an infringement of the personal rights of third parties, particularly the image rights of persons and property, intellectual property rights or the right to privacy of third parties;
Any right granted under these terms and conditions shall terminate in the event that any of these terms and conditions is breached.
4 - PUBLICATION OF CONDUCT
4.1 - Content published by the Website
We try to ensure that all information contained on the Website (other than content generated by the User) is accurate, but that information is not intended to be authoritative or constitute advice that is to be relied upon. Before acting in reliance upon the information on the Website, please contact us or use a relevant source of information. We may also change the Website’s format and contents from time to time. You agree that the website is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis, at your own risk.
We are unable to guarantee the accuracy, completeness, reliability, quality, interest or originality of any content on the Website or, to the extent permitted by law, provide any implicit guarantee. Any condition of this type is therefore excluded from these terms and conditions and We accept no liability for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever resulting from your or any other person’s use of the Website or from reliance on any of its content.
We are unable to guarantee that the Website’s contents are free from viruses and/or other codes that may have contaminating or destructive properties. You are therefore responsible for ensuring that You have appropriate IT security in place (including antivirus software and other security controls) to satisfy your specific requirements in terms of content security and reliability.
4.2 - Content published by the User
The Site may, from time to time, allows you to upload user-generated content and may also allow you to communicate that content, either in selected recipients or in public areas, such as comments pages, chat rooms, message boards, and/or news groups (collectively User Content Areas). We do not control the material submitted to User Content Areas (collectively User Submissions), nor are User Content Areas actively moderated.
The term "content" means any element deposited by you on the Site, such as text, comment, image, photo, video, or any type of file, whatever its content or form. You are responsible for the content of your User Submissions as submitted by you and acknowledge that all User Submissions express the views of their respective authors, and not our views.
You are free to publish, or not, content on the Site. In this case, we would like to draw your attention to the importance to keep all User Submissions relevant to the purpose of the User Content Area and to the nature of any topic and to publish or share content that respects and conforms to the sports label and the values of the Decathlon Group. If you participate in any User Content Areas, you must not submit any User Submission that :
• is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, indecent, offensive or which infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party;
• contains any viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive elements;
• contains any form of advertising;
• impersonate, or misrepresent an affiliation with any person or entity.
You are responsible for anything that may happen on your behalf and from your computer terminal, in particular in the event of content submission on the Site. You guarantee that you have all the rights and authorizations necessary to submit a content on the Site, in particular under the legislation in force and the IPR’s. In the event that you have some reason to believe that your log-on ID or your email address is, or may be known, by a person not authorized to use it, you undertake to immediately notify us. The Site disclaims any responsibility for the use of personal data of a user by an unauthorized third party.
4.3 - Deletion of content
Although We do not pre-select users’ submissions, We reserve the right, at our discretion, to delete or modify any content that You submit to Us and/or close any discussion forum, at any time and without notifying You.
You may also send Us a request for content to be removed. Requests should be sent to Decathlon Sports Ireland ltd and should contain all information required to process your request. This information must enable the Content that is the subject of your complaint to be identified. For Content uploaded via the “Photo sharing” service, We require the following information in order to delete Content: surname, first name, email address used to upload Content, year of upload, title of content.
We undertake to process any justified and legitimate request as quickly as possible, but cannot, however, guarantee that access to the content will be immediately withdrawn. You acknowledge that We may not be held liable in this respect, particularly in relation to the period of time required to process your request, technical restrictions or the practical impossibility of complying with your request, particularly where the Content is re-used by third parties.
4.4 Decathlon Reviews service
For more information: https://reviews.decathlon.com/en_IE/review/terms/dktie/website
5 - EXTERNAL LINKS
The Website may, from time to time, include links to external websites, which may include links to offers and promotions from third parties. We include them to provide You with access to information, products or services that You may find useful or interesting. We are not liable for the content of these websites or anything they offer and are unable to provide a guarantee that they shall remain permanently available. The fact that We include links to such external websites does not mean that We endorse or have any association with their operators or developers.
6 - INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Website’s general structure and all content published by the Website (including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sounds, trademarks and logos) constitute our exclusive property or that of our licensors, which may be companies in the Decathlon Group Companies and/or its partners. They are protected by intellectual property rights, in particular copyright and ancillary rights relating to trademarks, designs and models, domain names, patents, know-how, software and databases.
In respect of the Website’s contents, We grant You a non-exclusive and revocable licence limiting to accessing, browsing and using the Website, without the right to grant sub-licences. This licence does not grant You any rights over any Intellectual property belonging to Us or to our licensors. You acknowledge that You do not obtain any ownership right by downloading content from the Website, in particular any right to commercially exploit the Website’s contents.
Any representation and/or reproduction and/or partial or total exploitation of the content and/or the services offered by the Website or the Website itself, in any manner whatsoever, is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of the Publisher and/or the Decathlon Group Companies and/or their partners. If You print, copy or store pages from the Website (uniquely in accordance with the terms and conditions), You must ensure that all copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right notices in the original content are reproduced.
In relation to the content that You publish on the Website, You agree that, by submitting it to the area for receiving content, You grant Us and our affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive and royalty-free right and licence to use, reproduce, represent, upload, execute, transmit, store, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works, distribute, sub-license (in particular to our subsidiaries, technical partners and other Users of the Website) and display the content (in whole or in part) that You have sent to Us and/or incorporate it in other works in any form whatsoever, or in other media or technologies. You also agree to it being used by the Decathlon Group in certain marketing communications, being associated with Your name, although the association may not always be made, being transmitted to third parties for the purpose of product reviews, being automatically made public and freely accessible, in particular on the Internet and other websites and/or blogs and/or web pages of the Decathlon Group, including, in particular, the social network pages of Decathlon Group websites where Users of Decathlon Group websites may share content.
7 - LIABILITY
By using the Website, You are deemed to be aware of and to have accepted the characteristics and limitations of Internet technologies, particularly the response times when browsing or querying the server on which the website is hosted, technical performance, the risks of service interruptions and, generally, the transmission of data.
In general terms and without limitation, in no circumstances may We be held liable for:
- any information consulted on the Website which is not published by Us;
- any use of a user’s personal data by an unauthorised third party;
- any network malfunction that disrupts the Website;
- any loss of data;
- any software malfunction;
- the consequences of any computer virus, bug, problem or fault;
- any damage caused to a User’s computer.
By using the Website, You agree not to hold Us liable and to indemnify Us against any direct or indirect losses, costs or expenses arising as a result of:
- claims by third parties concerning content posted in your name, in particular in relation to a breach of ownership rights, defamatory, injurious or libellous material or press offences in relation to elements uploaded to or published on the Website;
- any activity on the Website contrary to these terms and conditions, including with fraudulent intent;
- any breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website.
8 – MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
These General Terms and Conditions of Use comprise all the clauses herein. They may not be amended without our written explicit consent. If We choose not to enforce any of the clauses of these terms and conditions at any time, We shall not be deemed to have waived our right to subsequently rely on those clauses. If any clause is held to be invalid, the other clauses shall remain valid.
These General Terms and Conditions of Use are governed by Irish law.
9 – CONTACT
You may send Us any questions You may have on these terms and conditions by using the customer form, or by telephone to 0877930680 between the hours of 9 am to 6 pm from Monday to Friday, except bank holidays.
You may also write to Us at the following address: Decathlon Sports Ireland Ltd 51 Bracken Road Sandyford D18 CV 48 Dublin